Hey there, bookworms and dragons! There has been so much going on in my life and in the world. I completely forgot to write and post a “To Do” for this month. Let’s dive right in!
This month is going to be a rough one reading-wise for me because of how heavy school is so I’m only adding two books. The first is one I’m already currently listening to the audiobook version of. The other is a book with a Black queer main character written by a Black queer author. I chose this book specifically to support a Black author and to celebrate Pride month.
In an effort to more fully incorporate movies into the blog (at least for now), I’m going to add a few movies I’m hoping to watch this month. Two of these are to help me work on the MCU Movie Challenge and two are to support Black directors and actors. Here goes! 🙂
- Captain Marvel
- Iron Man
- The Hate U Give
- Support Black people. While I’m limited in what I’m able to do, there is still quite a lot of little things that I can do. I encourage all of you to sign the petitions that are going around, boost Black voices (without giving into the need to make it about yourself), support Black owned businesses, read books penned by Black authors, and watch movies created by Black directors and actors. These are the things I am able to do and the things I will be doing.
- Work out. I’m on a pretty good streak of working out for half an hour a day so I’d like to continue with that. Maybe add in yoga since I’ve mostly been doing pilates? I just know my body isn’t ready to start running again yet and the trails are far too crowded when I would be able to go.
- Homework. I’m drowning in the stuff. But it’s a super short semester so I’ll have a lot of time in between to work on my thesis so…. worth it? Yes. Definitely worth it.
- Rest more. The world is still on fire, even if where I live they insist that everything is fine. I am also still a real life chaos demon. I’m not sure how I’ll rest now that I’ve gone back to working with the general public but…. I’ll work on it. Ideas are MUCH appreciated!
- Study Ilocano and Japanese at least an hour a day. Even if this means on my drive to and from work I listen to a lesson or on a 15 minute break I study my Anki decks. Something.
- Pack. Yet another thing that has been put on the back burner that actually really needs to be done. What can I say? I’m great at procrastinating. 🤷♀️
Well, that’s it for now, bookworms and dragons. Stay safe and stay healthy. 🖤