It’s the last day of April… Where has the time gone?! I really liked having a wrap-up last month because it reminded me of the things I managed to get done (instead of pointing at my glaring TBR) and also helped me be mindful of my goals for this month. So I’ll probably make wrap-ups a part of my usual monthly lineup. Let’s go ahead and wrap up April then!
Books I’ve Reviewed In April
Considering I hit a couple of pretty bad reading slumps, I managed to do pretty well for reviews this month. Here’s the list of books I’ve reviewed on my blog with links in case you’d like to give them a read.
- A Torch Against The Night by Sabaa Tahir
- Blackhearts by Nicole Castroman
- The Space Between the Stars by Anne Corlett
- Girl Out Of Water by Laura Silverman
- Empress of a Thousand Skies by Rhoda Belleza (which I read with the Diversely Booked Book Club. The chat is today at noon EST if you’ve read it and would like to join!)
- Human Acts by Han Kang
Other Things I Did In April
I took part in five blog tours. Some of them still have active giveaways linked if you want to have a look.
- Other Breakable Things (Release Week Blitz)
- Cheesus Was Here (Guest Post)
- Blade Bound (Character Interview
- Blacksouls (Review + Favourite Quotes)
- Other Breakable Things (Review + Author Interview)
Worked on my WIP a bit
Participated in four bookstagram challenges
- #DiverseBookApr (hosted by @booksaremarvelous)
- #aprilbookstagram (hosted by @pagewithaview and @readwithmikee)
- #NKBTBApril (hosted by @novelknight and @readit_writenow)
- #countdowntocandles (hosted by @paperlyandco)
Here’s my updated Diverse Bingo 2017 Card. A couple of my current reads will go on after I’m finished with them but I’m lagging so here’s what I’ve got so far.
Books I Hope To Review In May
- Queens of Geek by Jen Wilde
- The Traitor’s Tunnel by C. M. Spivey
- Shadowshaper by Daniel José Older
Other Things I Hope To Do In May
I’m scheduled for a few blog tours (and I’m super excited about them!!!!)
I want to continue working on my WIP which is going to mean a lot of research. That’s why I’ve cut back on my review goal and I’ll probably be a little bit less active here? But I want to make sure I really get this right and I know y’all will understand.
Participating in two instagram challenges
- #DiverseBookMay (hosted by @booksaremarvelous — the May challenge also has an accompanying giveaway!!)
- #bookstaBINGO May (hosted by @bookslayerreads)
That’s all for now! Let me know how your April was in the comments or if you’ve read any of the books I’m planning to review let me know what you thought! Here’s hoping May will be awesome for all of us!