I found this tag created by TheBookArcher on YouTube and thought it looked like excruciating fun. These opinions are unpopular but they are my own. You have been warned!
1. A Popular Book or Series That You Didn’t Like
I have to go with A Tragic Kind Of Wonderful by Eric Lindstrom. It’s one of the only books I’ve DNFed this year (for representation reasons) and I will be hopefully writing my review on it soon. It will be a spoilery review so if you plan to read the book, maybe skip it, but… I feel like it needs to be written.
2. A Popular Book or Series That Everyone Else Seems To Hate But You Love
I’ve seen quite a few people hating on Furthermore by Tahereh Mafi. I adored this book! It was such a creative way to retell Alice in Wonderland that if I hadn’t gone in knowing it was a retelling, I might not have known. I also like that it was written at a Middle Grade level because it meant birthday gifts for niecelings.
3. A Love Triangle Where The Main Character Ended Up With The Person You Did NOT Want Them To End Up With (Warn People For Spoilers) OR An OTP You Don’t Like
The Grisha Trilogy (I dislike many fans’ OTP from this series but I’m happy with how it ended)
4. A Popular Book Genre You Hardly Reach For
I don’t reach for poetry very often, but I enjoy it very much on the occasions I do pick it up.
5. A Popular Or Beloved Character That You Do Not Like
6. A Popular Author You Can’t Seem To Get Into
Well… There are a few who fit this one. I’m going to have to go with Jay Kristoff.
7. A Popular Book Trope That You’re Tired Of Seeing (Example: “lost princess”, corrupt ruler, love triangles, etc.)
White Savior [screams into the void]
8. A Popular Series That You Have No Interest In Reading
ACOTAR by Sarah J. Maas
9. The saying goes, “The book is always better than the movie,” but what movie or TV show adaptation do you prefer more than the book?
The only one I can think of is Home, which is based on the children’s book The True Meaning of Smekday
Well, that’s it! (Relatively) painless book tag fun. Have some unpopular opinions of your own? Then I tag you to complete this tag!