March is over and April has begun! Let’s smooth out the monthly transition with a wrap up, shall we?
Books I’ve Reviewed In March
I’ve actually managed to review a few more than I thought I would in March, especially considering the reading slump I’ve gotten into toward the end. Here’s a list of the books I reviewed on my blog (with links in case you decide you’d like to read them).
- The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas (which I read with the Diversely Booked Book Club)
- Noteworthy by Riley Redgate
- Gates of Thread and Stone by Lori M. Lee
- An Ember In The Ashes by Sabaa Tahir
- The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater
- A Crown of Wishes by Roshani Chokshi
- Queen of Hearts by Colleen Oakes
- You’re Welcome, Universe by Whitney Gardner (which I read for the Disability theme of the 2017 Diverse Reads Book Challenge hosted by Mishma at Chasing Faerytales and Shelly at Read.Sleep.Repeat.)
Other Things I Did In March
I also had a relatively productive month outside of reviewing. March was actually pretty awesome for me that way. A few of the non-review things I did are:
- I started working in earnest on one of my WIPs
- I read and reviewed three books for the Beat The Backlist Challenge (go Ravenclaw!!)
- I was able to participate in the Book Blast for The Iron Queen by Jacob Devlin, which was so awesome and so much fun!
- I completed the A Series of Unfortunate Events Book Tag, which was created by Erica Robyn Reads (check out her blog after you read this post because she’s lovely!)
- I participated in TWO bookstagram challenges (#marchbookstagram hosted by @pagewithaview and @readwithmikee AND #NKBTBMarch hosted by @NovelKnight and @ReadIt_WriteNow) and really enjoyed both of them.
Books I Hope To Review In April
I’m trying not to be too ambitious and also not to include any books I’ve signed up for the blog tour for so this list might seem short but it’s honestly just the tip of the iceberg just in case I get overwhelmed or hit a slump.
- Empress of a Thousand Skies by Rhoda Belleza (which is the April book for the Diversely Booked Book Club if you guys would like to join in on the read and chat)
- A Torch Against The Night by Sabaa Tahir
- Spindle Fire by Lexa Hillyer
- Blackhearts by Nicole Castroman
Other Things I Hope To Do In April
- Continue making progress on my WIP (even if I continue at the glacial pace I seem to have adopted this past week)
- I’m scheduled for a few blog tours and I’m waiting to hear back on a few. I’m really, really excited about all of them!
- I’ll be attempting THREE bookstagram challenges during April. I know. I don’t know what I’m thinking. Yes I do. They all look awesome and I can’t just pick. I’m going to be doing #aprilbookstagram (hosted by @pagewithaview and @readwithmikee), #NKBTBApril (hosted by @NovelKnight and @ReadIt_WriteNow), and #DiverseBookApr (hosted by @booksaremarvelous). I’m especially excited about that last one!
Anywho, that’s all for now. I probably won’t be around much today because of how much I hate April Fools Day, but I should be back around tomorrow. Welcome to April! I hope it’s a wonderful month for us all!!